TOURS ARE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Tour of a Fire Hall
When you tour the Fire Department, your group will have the opportunity to tour the fire trucks, and get a glimpse into the life of a firefighter. To schedule a tour of the hall, please call (705) 474-5662.
Things to remember when planning your visit:
- When we schedule a request, the firefighters may have to respond to an emergency, therefore we do not guarantee availability. Unfortunately you may not be given advance notice of this.
- Ages of the children – If you are at the hall when a call comes in, the children must be moved against the wall as quickly as possible in order to ensure a fast response time by our firefighters. This can be a very loud process, including sirens and speakerphones. Please ensure that the children are aware of the possibility of this happening.
- Adequate supervision – Please ensure at least 1 adult per 5 children. As stated above, should a call come in, our men must leave immediately, and need you, the caretaker, to move the children away from the vehicles.
We require the following information:
- Number of children and group ages (group max. 20)
- Number of adults (1 adult per 7 children 7 to 12 years of age, 1 adult per 4 children 4 to 6 years of age)
- Date requested Mondays ONLY (minimum 2-3 weeks prior notice)
- Tours are scheduled at 10am or 2pm.
- Please have multiple dates when calling
- Name of contact person
- Organization phone number
- Station wanted to visit (Fire station tours 30 min. to 1 hour)
Address of event (Fire truck attending a public event maximum of 1 hour.)
Tour Request Form